CCM Recruitment International

Aileen McDevitt,

Princess Alexandra

travelled Nov 2010

Karen Breen,

Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

travelled November 2010

Mag Whelan,

HCA Bureau

travelled November 2010

Karen Lomas,


travelled January 2010

Latest Jobs

Staff Nurse ITU - United Kingdom
more info

Staff Nurse Neonatal - United Kingdom
more info

Sister/Charge Nurse Oncology - United Kingdom
more info

Senior Infection Prevention and Control Nurse - United Kingdom
more info

Modern Matron ITU & AAU - United Kingdom
more info

Senior Charge Nurse Med/Surg - United Arab Emirates
more info

Senior Charge Nurse Operating Room - United Arab Emirates
more info

Senior Charge Nurse ICU - United Arab Emirates
more info

Senior Charge Nurse Emergency Room - United Arab Emirates
more info

Senior Charge Nurse Paediatrics - United Arab Emirates
more info

Are there many differences between Nursing in Australia compared to the UK/Ireland?

Nursing in Australia is very similar however there are slight differences. There are very few enrolled nurses or auxiliary nursing positions in Australia with most positions going to registered nurses. Posts are graded according to experience. For example, the grading of an RN increases each year, from grade 1 to grade 8. The grading also indicates level of pay.

How do I apply for Visas and work permits?

CCM are partnered with Australia's longest established immigration law practice and registered MARA Agents who will provide Australian immigration advice and manage the entire immigration process on the applicant's behalf if required, including assisting with the skills assessment process for permanent visa applicants through the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC), visit

How do I register?

When you want to work in a different country, it is very important to plan ahead and not leave everything until the last minute.  This certainly applies when thinking about working in Australia.  You need to allow 6 – 9 months for registration.  9 months if you are tardy with paperwork!  The actual registration process is quite straight forward and is just a matter of collating documentation and forwarding to AHPRA. The one area that does appear to cause confusion is whether or not you need to complete the English test. Please read further for an easy explanation. CCM do not process registrations, but are happy to answer any queries.


The Australian Nursing & Midwifery Board is now known as AHPRA

The website for the Nursing & Midwifery Board (AHPRA)in Australia is

Contact Number: +61 3 8708 9001     

Cost of Registration is Aus $450 approx (Euro €338 )

You can download the forms from the website by going to the “Home” page

Click on “Registration & Endorsement”

Click on “Forms” on left column and then click on the 2nd bullet point under General Registration which is Application for general registration (graduated or trained overseas) as a Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse or Midwife - AGOS-04 (1.26 MB,PDF


It is always important to read the Latest Articles on the Home page, as there are often updates relevant to anyone applying for their registration.

Revised NMBA English language standard from 19 Sept 2011

“applicants who have completed a minimum of five years (full-time equivalent) of combined secondary and/or vocational and/or tertiary education taught and assessed in English, in: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United Kingdom or the United States of America are considered to have met the standard and therefore do not need to sit an English language test. All other applicants are required to submit evidence of English proficiency”

To surmise, you must provide proof you have completed your Education in English in order to be exempt from sitting an English test.  When providing proof your school and University must use the following wording “Taught and Assessed in English”, or the document may not be accepted.  This is extremely important.  Once you provide the correct documentation you should be exempt but AHPRA do assess each application on an individual basis.

Can I bring my family?

Your spouse/partner and dependent children can be included as secondary applicants on your visa, and your spouse/partner will also have working rights. If you are not married and you are planning to bring your partner you need to satisfy the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) that you have a genuine relationship and, in most cases, have lived together for at least twelve months immediately preceding application.

What is the Nursing Union in Australia?

The Australian Nursing Federation (ANF)

Where will I live?

Hospital accommodation is not commonplace in Australia however some hospitals in remote locations do offer basic on site accommodation.  To source suitable accommodation try

^ back to top

Bookmark and Share

Submit your CV now to begin your new career!