Infection Prevention and Control Nurse - Abu Dhabi (UAE)
Infection Prevention and Control Nurse, Abu Dhabi
Basic Purpose of the role
- Responsible for the surveillance, analysis, interpretation and reporting of hospital acquired infections (HAI).
- Develops and delivers education and training to employees with regards to infection prevention and control.
- Responsible for providing and ensuring safe, effective, evidence based and policies and procedures to insure rigorous infection prevention and control standards that meet HAAD, JCIA, CARF, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other nationally organized agencies recommendations and requirements.
- Is able to communicate effectively at all levels within the interdisciplinary team.
- Promotes a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality.
- Assists in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department with allocated resources.
- Promotes good health and well–being through education.
- Understands, supports and promotes the mission, vision and values of the hospital.
- Adheres to and promotes the applicable professional codes of conduct.
- Supports the compliance of infection prevention and control within the interdisciplinary team through clinical practice, rounding and auditing.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Apply epidemiologic principles and statistical methods, including risk stratification, to identify target population, analyse trends and risk factors, and design and evaluate prevention and control activities.
- Conduct on-going surveillance using Center of Disease Control (CDC) infection criteria, documentation, and investigation of nosocomial infections through review of admission diagnoses, microbiology culture results, isolation orders, patient records, and consultation requests.
- Participate in investigations of hospital infection outbreaks, unusual microbiological findings, contributes to Route Cause Analysis and Return to Acute care reports where appropriate.
- Collect data in support of epidemiological studies of specific problems or problem areas to determine the source of the problem and provides appropriate recommendations.
- Develops and implements a champions program to assist in education and implementation of the Infection prevention and Control Program.
- Participates in quality improvement activities by assisting with the development of standards, implementation, and review of policies, procedures, guidelines, evaluation of indicators and reporting of outcomes and trends.
- Participate in risk analysis/assessment to identify and generate opportunities for improvement in existing processes in order to comply with infection prevention & control requirements.
- Review and ensure the availability of the Infection Prevention & Control Program (resources, budget, and competent staff).
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing or equivalent qualifications of NLT 3 years study duration from an accredited program plus successful completion of a post graduate/post basic specialist training program of at least 6 months duration
- Current National License
- Basic Life Support
- Infection, Prevention and Control Qualification.
- NLT 3 years postgraduate experience in an acute care tertiary hospital
- NLT 1 year of experience in infection prevention
To apply for this position please email your most up to date CV to Breda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Visas* for Australian / Irish / New Zealand / UK / passport holders only with primary qualification in these countries (*work visas are issued on the basis of our Recruitment Agency locations
CCM receives new and exciting job opportunities from our clients on a regular basis.If you have not found the position that suits you best please submit your CV anyway with your comments. We will then contact you when your ideal position comes in to us. Submit your CV here.
Please note that our clients will only allocate us visas for applicants from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Canada. If you do not hold a passport from one of these regions we regret that cannot process your application.