Infection Prevention and Control Nurse Dublin - Ireland
Infection Prevention and Control Nurse, Dublin Ireland
As post holder you will lead the delivery of evidence based nursing care consistent with the ethos of the Hospital and be responsible for the planning, co-ordination and implementation of an Infection Control Programme within the Hospital. As a role model you will promote the best practice in Infection Control to provide clinical expertise and support within the multi-professional team. You will take responsibility for using education and training resources to facilitate the development of all staff, encouraging a culture of openness and participation through effective communication.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an expert resource for others requiring knowledge, experience, advice and support within the multi-professional team.
- Demonstrate research-based nursing practice.
- Coordinate, assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the Infection Control programmes in compliance with Hospital’s Mission Statement.
- Participate in decision-making processes within the multi-professional team, and support staff, patients and their relatives (and/or significant others) during this process.
- Actively participate and encourage health promotion/education in staff, patients and relatives (and/or significant others).
- Lead, participate and promote clinical nursing and multi-professional care within the Hospital’s Accreditation Programme (JCI) within the clinical area.
- In this role you will audit and assess current infection control practices at ward/department level and makes recommendations for research based changes to practice in consultation with Infection Control doctor
- Monitor infection risks, rates and trends and reports results to infection control committee
- Educate and update hospital staff on Infection Control issues.
- Manage and update the hospital intranet site on Infection Control issues
- Regularly attend National and International meetings of the infection Control Nurses Association and education sessions on issues related to Infection control so as to keep up to date with best practice
- Act as secretary to infection control committee
- Prepare and regularly update Infection Control policies, procedures and guidelines based on best practice and up to date research
- Educate patients and distribute patient information on issues relating to Infection Control
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
- Registered General Nurse. Minimum 5 years post registration experience
- Higher diploma in Infection Control desirable
- Be on the live register with NMBI.
- Up to date knowledge in best practice for issues relating to Infection Control
CCM receives new and exciting job opportunities from our clients on a regular basis.If you have not found the position that suits you best please submit your CV anyway with your comments. We will then contact you when your ideal position comes in to us. Submit your CV here.
Please note that our clients will only allocate us visas for applicants from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Canada. If you do not hold a passport from one of these regions we regret that cannot process your application.