Dublin: +353 (0) 1 836 6092
UK Freephone: 0800 279 6149
Australia Freephone: 1800 818 844
New Zealand Freephone: 0800 700 839

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google Plus
  • YouTube
  • Linked In

We Can Get You There...

Guernsey (Channel Island ) FAQ

  • What type of license do I need to work as a nurse?

    Guernsey recognizes the UK Nursing license.

  • The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)

    The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) is the statutory regulatory body for nursing, midwifery and health visiting in the United Kingdom. All nurses who trained outside the UK need to be registered with the NMC in order to practice as a nurse in the UK.

    Nurses who wish to work in the UK must already be fully registered in their home country. All applications for NMC registration are assessed on an individual basis in terms of experience and education. Some applicants may be registered straight away; others may need to undertake further clinical experience or training, either in their own country or in the UK.

  • How to apply for NMC registration

    Contact the NMC Overseas Registration department who will send out an application pack.

    NMC Overseas Registration
    23 Portland Place
    W1N 4JT

    Tel: +44 207 333 6600
    Fax: +44 207 436 2924

    Between the times of 08.00 and 17.00 weekdays. If you are chasing up a previous application, you will need to quote your application number.

    When contacting the NMC you will need the following information:

    • Title (Mr., Mrs., Miss, Ms)
    • First Name
    • Surname (Family Name)
    • Date of Birth
    • Address
    • Country of Training
    • Part of the UKCC register on which you wish to be included (state whether you are a General Nurse, Mental Health Nurse, Mental Handicap Nurse, Sick Childr3en’s Nurse or midwife)

Button – Apply Here
Facebook Like Box
Featured Employers
Button – Useful Links & Videos