CCM Recruitment International

Aileen McDevitt,

Princess Alexandra

travelled Nov 2010

Karen Lomas,


travelled January 2010

Mag Whelan,

HCA Bureau

travelled November 2010

Karen Breen,

Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

travelled November 2010

Latest Jobs

Staff Nurse ITU - United Kingdom
more info

Staff Nurse Neonatal - United Kingdom
more info

Sister/Charge Nurse Oncology - United Kingdom
more info

Senior Infection Prevention and Control Nurse - United Kingdom
more info

Modern Matron ITU & AAU - United Kingdom
more info

Senior Charge Nurse Med/Surg - United Arab Emirates
more info

Senior Charge Nurse Operating Room - United Arab Emirates
more info

Senior Charge Nurse ICU - United Arab Emirates
more info

Senior Charge Nurse Emergency Room - United Arab Emirates
more info

Senior Charge Nurse Paediatrics - United Arab Emirates
more info

Visa Processing

There are two methods of immigrating to Canada where a valid job offer exists. 

The first option is to apply for a ‘Temporary Foreign Worker’ permit which allows an employer to offer and validate employment for up to two years. The job offer must be validated by Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC). Validation by HRDC ensures that the employer has made reasonable efforts to employ a qualified Canadian, but none are available. The federal government’s policy establishes that Canadians must have first opportunity at employment openings and not be displaced by a foreign worker. 

The second immigration option is to apply for permanent landed immigrant status. The individual applying receives priority because a valid job awaits them. Entry into Canada is then permanent and the landed individual and their immediate family members may apply for citizenship after three years residence. Although this approach may appear to be better the processing time is significantly longer due to the security and personal checks that are required.

In order for you to apply for entry into Canada you must complete the necessary Canada Immigration forms. If you are applying for temporary foreign worker status you will find the forms in their website at If you are applying for landed immigrant status please use the forms available in their website at  issuance of the visa.

Nursing in Canada

Canadian health care employers are facing a growing shortage of health professionals. Driven by a number of factors, including the aging of the workforce, shortages of nurses are now commonplace in Canadian hospitals and clinics. In an attempt to compensate for staff shortages, employers have had to rely on overtime and agency staffing. Many Canadian health care employers are now incorporating a foreign recruitment strategy into their overall staffing plans. 

As a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and current nursing experience in a hospital setting, you have the background and skills, which are currently in demand by Canadian health care employers.

Medical Requirements

Candidates that are offered positions in Canada will have to undertake a Medical/Occupational Health Clearance prior to taking up employment. CCM will be able to guide you through this routine procedure.


Canadian Visas for Individuals and Families

Canada offers a wide variety of immigration options to persons of all ages.




1) Sponsoring Your Family

The Government of Canada places a high value on helping families who come from other countries to reunite in Canada.

Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, can sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative (such as a parent or grandparent) to become a permanent resident.

As a sponsor of a relative who is interested in coming to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting them financially when they arrive.  As a sponsor, it is your responsibility to ensure your spouse or relative does not need to seek financial assistance from the government.

2) Skilled Workers

Skilled Workers are selected as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other criteria that have been shown to help them become economically established in Canada.
According to the guidelines issued by the Canadian Minister of Immigration, your application is eligible for processing if:

  1. you have an offer of arranged employment, OR 
  2. you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
  3. you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations listed here.

3) Canadian Experience Class

Temporary foreign workers or a foreign students who graduated in Canada, can apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class if the following conditions can be met:

  1. plan to live outside the province of Quebec
  2. be either: 
    1. a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or 
    2. a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada

Applications from temporary foreign workers will be assessed using two primary criteria:

  1. work experience and 
  2. ability in English or French.

If you apply as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution with Canadian work experience, it will be assessed using the above requirements, as well as your education.

4) Provincial Nominees

To apply under the Provincial Nominee Program, applicants must be nominated by a Canadian province or territory.  Provinces and territories use this program to target applicants who have the skills, education and work experience needed to make an immediate economic contribution to the province or territory that nominates them.
If you choose to immigrate to Canada as a provincial nominee, you must first apply to the province where you wish to settle and complete its provincial nomination process.

The criteria for provincial nomination are determined by the individual provinces and territories, and from time to time they change without notice. For this reason, it is recommended that individuals interested in this immigration program contact Visa Solutions Canada Ltd. to review their particulars in the context of the latest regulations.

5) Work Permits

A work permit is needed for most temporary jobs in Canada.

It is the prospective employer in Canada that helps determine if you are eligible. Your employer may need to get a labour market opinion (LMO) from the Government of Canada. A LMO confirms that the employer is authorized to recruit a foreign worker for a specific position.

Work permits authorize you to stay in Canada for a specific, limited period of time. A work permit is not an immigration document. It does not allow you to live in Canada permanently. To live here permanently, you must qualify under an immigration category, such as skilled worker. Live-in caregivers can stay in Canada permanently if they meet certain requirements. 

If you want your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children to come with you to Canada, they must apply to do so.  It is very important to note that the applicants work permit may be approved but the visas for their family members to come with them to Canada may be denied.

6) Students

Most foreign students require a study permit or a temporary resident visa to study in Canada.  To be eligible:

  1. You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada. 
  2. You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your: 
    1. tuition fees 
    2. living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and 
    3. return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada. 
  3. You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate. 
  4. You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  5. You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.

It is possible to work in Canada as a student, and there are opportunities for jobs on and off campus.  However, you will need to apply for a student work permit whether you are working on campus, off campus or participating in a co-op or internship program.

Students who have completed their educational program and wish to remain in Canada to work must apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. This work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program.

7) Working Holiday

The Working Holiday Program allows young pers0ns from approved countries to visit Canada, earn money from short term employment and experience what life in Canada has to offer. 

Citizens of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Poland, Republic of Korea, Latvia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, the UK and the US are eligible for a Canadian working holiday visa, provided that they are able to meet the visa requirements specific to their country.

Age limits are from 18-30 for most countries; 18-35 for citizens of Chile, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland and Switzerland. Some countries' programs specify that the applicant must be a full-time student; others do not, and some have separate programmes for students and non-students.

The type of work allowed and the maximum duration of stay depends on the applicant's country of residence.

8) Visitor Visa

Visitors to Canada must meet five general criteria.  They must:

  1. have a valid passport 
  2. be in good health 
  3. satisfy an immigration officer that they have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
  4. satisfy an immigration officer that they will leave Canada at the end of their visit and 
  5. have enough money for your stay. The amount of money needed varies with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.

Visitors to Canada may also need:

  1. a Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship 
  2. a medical examination and 
  3. a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.

For a listing of countries and territories whose citizens require a visa to visit or transit through Canada and visitor visa exemptions, CLICK HERE

^ back to top

Bookmark and Share

Submit your CV now to begin your new career!