Assistant Head Nurse Neonatal ICU (NICU) Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
- Location:Saudi Arabia
- Profession:Nurse Managers - Nurse Managers
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Neonatal ICU Nurse with Management/Charge Nurse experience in a state of the art, 1,346 bed specialist hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The hospital is the national referral centre for Oncology, Organ Transplantations, Cardiovascular Diseases, Neurosciences and Genetic Diseases.
Many who have worked in the Gulf States, have had the experience of a lifetime, made lifelong friends, travelled the world and returned home financially secure.
Saudi Arabia has become a land of opportunity with more than 2 million foreign workers, one in six of the population. Job openings attract people from Ireland, the UK, Europe, the USA, Australia and the Far East. When you have time off you may want to venture out and see something of this unique country. Steep ridges, rolling dunes and dazzlingly green oasis contrast with the underwater wonders of the Red Sea coral reefs. Lose yourself in the market-place bustle of the souks; or wander out to gaze at remains of the long-lost civilisations that flourished and declined along the old spice routes.
Job Summary - Primary Duties:
- Provides total patient care assigned
- Observes and evaluates nursing care effectiveness on shift. Adjust assignments based on patient acuity. Implements new methodologies
- Contributes to motivation of staff for the enhancement of patient care in a transcultural environment.
- Participates in unit orientation for new employees. Assists and supports staff in the identification, development and implementations of his/her role on the unit.
- Serves as clinical and behavioural model for staff.
- Resolves unit related matters, including advising and counselling staff; refers to Head Nurse or Nursing Administrative designate as appropriate.
- Assists in preparation of performance evaluations.
- Participates in the provision of in-service and/or continuing education for the staff.
- Participates in Nursing and/or Hospital-wide committees.
- Implements polices and procedures for the unit; contributes to writing, reviewing and/or revising annually.
- Maintains supply inventory. Reports equipment failures and initiates maintenance action.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Four (4) years current clinical experience in specific area plus two (1) years in comparable position
- Current Nursing Registration from country of origin
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- A commitment to quality patient care and outcomes
- A team player
- Ability to communicate well with Nursing and Medical colleagues
- Computer Skills