Cardiovascular Technologist Non-Invasive (Adult Echo) - Saudi Arabia
- Location:Saudi Arabia
- Profession:Allied Health Professional - Allied Health Professional
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Location Overview: Riyadh is a cosmopolitan and modern city, which combines the traditions of the past and the bright lights of the future. Beautiful shining towers stretch towards the sky, towering over the dusty desert and camels. Luxury cars whiz by on roads as people rush to prayers, a striking blend of modern living and tradition. The Kingdom’s capital boasts some of most beautiful hotels, gourmet fine dining, and quaint cosy cafés.
Works independently and ensures a safe and proper environment for testing in the Laboratory, the wards, the operating room (OR), Cardiac Cath Lab, Emergency Room (ER), or any other area as required. Prepares the patient for the study, explains the procedure to the patient, puts the patient at ease and obtains any relevant medical information as required. Performs non-invasive cardiac testing such as but not limited to ECG, Holter monitoring, stress testing, pacemaker, and ICD analysis, blood pressure monitoring and echocardiography. Recognizes and eliminates artefacts to produce meaningful diagnostic information which is presented to the physician for interpretation. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Independently performs non-invasive cardiac investigations such as but not limited to ECG, Holter monitoring, stress testing, pacemaker and ICD analysis, blood pressure monitoring, echocardiography procedures including Transoesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) and Stress Echocardiography (SE).
- Calibrates and operates equipment as required.
- Performs urgent procedures on critically ill patients portably in the wards, OR, Cardiac Cath Lab, ICUs, ER and any other location as requested and as required.
- Assists physicians with procedures in the OR, Cardiac Cath Lab, or any other setting as required.
- Observes and monitors patients during procedures, notes signs of distress and/or medical emergencies, takes remedial action and notifies the nurse or/and physician as necessary.
- Produces meaningful diagnostic information, obtains measured and calculated data and makes preliminary reports for review for the reporting physician.
- Documents and logs all patient events and procedures.
- Ensures a safe environment and safe operation of equipment. Monitors equipment and reports any hazards or needs for repair and maintenance to Senior Cardiovascular Technologist or Manager.
- Cleans and disinfects clinical equipment, following appropriate Laboratory policies, Hospital policies or manufacturer instructions.
- Ensures procedure rooms are clean, tidy, and well stocked with supplies, linen and other necessary items.
- Participates in the on-call roster.
- Understands sterile techniques for Cardiac Cath Lab, OR, and isolation patients.
- Understands infection control policies.
- Assists with emergency resuscitation procedures.
- Follows all Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab and Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
Education And Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Cardiovascular Technology or related discipline, or Graduate from an accredited program in cardiovascular technology, health science, cardiac ultrasound or health care field (two years) after High School required.
- Two (2) years of related experience with Bachelor's Degree or three (3) years with Accredited Program required.
- Registration with relevant professional organization.