Charge Nurse Emergency Department UAE - United Arab Emirates
- Location:United Arab Emirates
- Profession:Nurses - Emergency Room
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Charge Nurse, Emergency Room, United Arab Emirates
Under general direction organises/provides patient care to a group of patients. Assumes primary responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care. Co-ordinates the overall clinical activities of an assigned nursing unit on a specific shift. Provides clinical leadership and performs ongoing staff nurses’ assessments as required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing a patient care unit for administrative and clinical aspects to include organizing, developing, directing, and assuring the delivery of cost-effective quality patient care.
- Ensure that patient care is delivered in accordance with established hospital wide policies and procedures and nursing standards.
- Delegate responsibilities appropriate to the scope of practice, qualification, and training of the staff.
- Evaluate nursing personnel performance based on organisation’s objectives, professional practice, standards, relevant statistics, and regulation criteria.
- Ensure clinical resources and continuity of patient care.
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing program of a minimum duration of three (3) years
- Minimum three (3) years recent experience in nursing with at least one (1) year in Emergency Department
- One (1) year as a charge or acknowledged clinical team leader