Electroneurodiagnostic Tech/Neuro Physiologist - Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Location:Abu Dhabi (uae)
- Profession:Allied Health Professional - Allied Health Professional
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Electroneurodiagnostic Tech / Neuro Physiologist- Abu Dhabi
Location Overview: Experience a new culture, a new way of life and a new point of view. Fulfil your sense of adventure and take one or two years out to experience life in a foreign land. There are great opportunities for career advancement and education. Our client is located in Abu Dhabi the capital of UAE, an intriguing city where traditional mosques are surrounded by ultramodern skyscrapers, tree-lined boulevards, gleaming fountains and parks.
This position is responsible for performing routine and complex EEG, IOM, EMG Epilepsy Monitoring, and Evoked Potential examinations in the laboratory, at the patient’s bedside or in the intensive care units and within the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. This position is also responsible for performing nerve conduction studies for patients and ensuring that proper adjustments are made for accurate recording procedures.
- Applies suitable electrodes on predetermined positions on the patient’s head and checks their performance
- Calibrates and adjusts the neurodiagnostic apparatus as necessary
- Describes all abnormal clinical manifestations observed during the EEG test
- Abstracts relevant information from the patient’s clinical record
- Performs EEG exams on patients for special studies
- Schedules and organizes special procedure tests
- Obtains EEG recordings for carotid endarterectomy in the operating room
- Provides training in the interpretation of EEG recordings and applications
- Maintains equipment in clean operating condition and performs proper maintenance
- Troubleshoots the equipment and performs minor repairs
- Complies and forwards charge slips for billing purposes as required
- Selects nerves to be studied by reviewing request and patient history
- Prepares patient for EMG exam
- Applies electrodes to proper locations to electrically stimulate specific nerves identified for the patient
- Makes surface measurements and calculates conduction velocities based on results obtained from nerve conduction instrumentation
- Instructs in the use of instrumentation and electrode application
- Maintains clean linen for each patient and cleans rooms, electrodes and equipment
- Ensures cleanliness of general laboratory areas and replenishes supplies
- Ensures maintenance of equipment and instrumentation in laboratories and exam rooms
- Keeps accurate logs of all patients
- Assists with the development and testing of new procedures
- Assists with Intra Operative Monitoring within the Peri-Operative Department
- Conducts and interpreting EEG, NCS, Evoked Potentials
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in the field of Applied Sciences, majoring in Neurophysiology or Biophysics/Physiology or equivalent with a minimum of three years diploma.
- Current National License
- NLT 2-year relevant experience in hospital setting (EEG/EMG, Evoked Potential, Polysomnographic)
- OR Associate Degree (minimum 2 year curriculum) from an accredited training program as Neurophysiology Technologist.
- AND Current National License.
- AND Registered by the: American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologists or equivalent AND American Board of Registration of Evoked Potential Technologists or equivalent AND American Association of Polysonnographic Technologist or equivalent.
- NLT 2-year relevant experience in hospital setting.
- EEG / EMG, Evoked Potential,
- Polysomnographic Ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic is preferred