Head Nurse Transplant Riyadh Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia
- Location:Saudi Arabia
- Profession:Nurse Managers - Nurse Managers
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Transplant Nurse with Management/Charge Nurse experience in a state of the art, 1,346 bed specialist hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The hospital is the national referral centre for Oncology, Organ Transplantations, Cardiovascular Diseases, Neurosciences and Genetic Diseases.
Many who have worked in the Gulf States, have had the experience of a lifetime, made lifelong friends, travelled the world and returned home financially secure.
Saudi Arabia has become a land of opportunity with more than 2 million foreign workers, one in six of the population. Job openings attract people from Ireland, the UK, Europe, the USA, Australia and the Far East. When you have time off you may want to venture out and see something of this unique country. Steep ridges, rolling dunes and dazzlingly green oasis contrast with the underwater wonders of the Red Sea coral reefs. Lose yourself in the market-place bustle of the souks; or wander out to gaze at remains of the long-lost civilisations that flourished and declined along the old spice routes.
Leads and demonstrates the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. Responsible for 24-hour management of assigned nursing unit. Assesses plans, directs, implements and evaluates patient care to comply with established nursing standards in accordance with the American Nurses Association, Nursing Administration Scope & Standards of practice and performance and JCIA. Communicates effectively both inter and interdepartmentally. Strives for excellence on unit and promotes excellent team working and interdisciplinary relationships. Leads and demonstrates the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
- Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration with outcomes aimed at the best interest of the patients. Leads and demonstrates achievement in decreasing the length of stay/waiting time.
- Plans and ensures implementation and evaluation of patient education programs.
- Evaluates patient acuity and develops and reviews criteria for work assignment and delivery care model. Ensures that there is planned, effective, day-to-day skill mix and staff management. Determines and reviews staffing plans and develops a scheduling system for unit and reviews regularly as staffing, skills mix and acuity change.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families. Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively impact on patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework. Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence-based practice or research to demonstrate improvements reflected in the unit, divisional, organisational data and bench marks.
- Contributes to the development and delivery of Nursing Affairs objectives using a continuous improvement paradigm. Works creatively to achieve objectives by embracing new ways of working and taking the lead in the Change Management process when appropriate.
- Develops evidence-based nursing practice in collaboration with Assistant Head Nurse/Charge Nurse/Unit Council and Clinical Instructors/Clinical Nurse Coordinators. Promotes and maintains a culture within the clinical environment, which challenges and questions practice and promotes critical thinking amongst staff.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of hospital wide policies and procedures. Assists with organisational projects as requested including participating on nursing and /or interdisciplinary committees and task forces.
- Participates in Hospital wide Performance Improvement activities and develops unit Performance Plan.
- Establishes and maintains effective administrative processes on unit. Prepares quarterly reports and maintains records of activity and outcomes. Conducts unit meetings and maintains minutes.
- Produces training needs analysis and succession plans. Supports Nursing research.
- Participates in the developments of IPPS
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Four (4) years current clinical experience in specific area plus two (2) years in comparable position
- Current Nursing Registration from country of origin
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing/Master’s
- A commitment to quality patient care and outcomes
- A team player
- Ability to communicate well with Nursing and Medical colleagues
- Computer Skills