Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Sister - Dubai (UAE)
- Location:Dubai (uae)
- Profession:Nurse Managers - Nurse Managers
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Location Overview: Experience a new culture, a new way of life and a new point of view. Fulfil your sense of adventure and take one or two years out to experience life in a foreign land. There are great opportunities for career advancement and education. Famous for luxury living & vibrant entertainment options, large expat communities makes Dubai the perfect location to start your overseas nursing career.
- To work within both the nursing and multi-disciplinary team to provide evidence based, holistic care to a group of patients throughout pathway of the clinic.
- To take direct managerial responsibility for the clinical area in the absence of the Matron.
- To assist in the leadership and development of an identified group of nurses within the department.
- To act as a clinical resource within the department and across the clinic as necessary
- To be a safe and effective practitioner able to provide patients and relatives with high quality nursing care and information.
- Deals personally with patients, families and carers in order to aid resolution of complaints.
- Assists in the implementation and monitoring of action plans in order to achieve departmental standards.
- Maintains a high clinical profile and facilitates application of theory to practice.
- Acts as a role model at all times and contributes to the provision of nursing expertise and specialist knowledge within the area of practice.
- Support the Matron by leading & managing projects and timelines.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the needs of patients on an ongoing basis, coordinating the care given by all members of the clinical team.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained reflecting both changes in the patient’s condition and the treatment delivered.
- To support the process of continuous quality improvement, leading on clinical audits etc. to formally evaluate standards of care and assist in the implementation of changes in the light of such findings.
- To have due regard for each patient’s cultural and religious beliefs and to respect each patient’s privacy, dignity, gender and sexuality.
- To report and investigate adverse incidents which occur in the department as per policy.
- To act as a mentor to junior staff members, responsible for the orientation, supervision and ongoing development of junior members supported by Line Managers.
- To manage the clinical workload effectively, ensuring care is prioritised appropriately.
- To act as a team leader to an identified group of staff, monitoring and documenting the development of their clinical skills.
- To attend and contribute to departmental meetings as required.
- To keep the Matron informed of significant changes in the day to day situation in the department
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification
- Valid and current national license is required
- AHA BLS certified
- Has had at least 2 years recent experience of managing a team of nurses
- Previous experience of leading change in a clinical environment