Midwife - Bahrain
- Profession:Nurses - Midwifery
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Location Overview: Bahrain is a beautiful island in the Arabian Gulf with its warm waters and sandy beaches providing you with a holiday destination on your doorstep. You can sail, dolphin watch, fish, scuba dive or kite surf. On land, there are gyms, horse riding stables and sports clubs including rugby, tennis, soccer, cricket, golf and basketball. From North to South, Bahrain is forty-eight kilometres long at its widest point in the North, it is sixteen kilometres from East to West.
Job Summary: Primary Duties:
- Performs accurate and complete admission assessments
- Monitors and documents the patient’s condition and the effectiveness of care and/or interventions
- Establishes and implements a care plan based on sound nursing theory, scientific principles, professional judgment and individual patient needs
- Evaluates and updates the patient’s plan of care to facilitate the achievement of planned and expected outcomes
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol
- Assesses for and plans the educational needs of the patient
- Provides teaching and educational material to patients and/or families, which may include diagnosis, tests and procedures, safe and proper use of equipment, use of medications, injury prevention and nutritional needs
- Monitors and resolves customer service issues and provides feedback regarding satisfaction results to Nursing Leadership
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patients and families
- Interacts with patients, families and other visitors in a courteous, helpful manner
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports hospital research initiatives
- Keeps abreast of best practice information for nursing profession
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
- Degree qualification & experience.
- Relevant post graduate diploma in midwifery.
- 5 years post graduate experience.
- Basic cardiac life support course.
*Please note applications for this position will close 5pm on Friday 15th March