Occupational Therapist Al Ain - Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Location:Abu Dhabi (uae)
- Profession:Allied Health Professional - Occupational Therapy
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Occupational Therapist, Al Ain, Abu Dhabi Emirate
Location Overview: The Emirate of Abu Dhabi offers year-round sunshine, pristine beaches, luxurious hotels and a pulsating cosmopolitan lifestyle. Combined with distinct Arabic hospitality and mystique, stunning desert landscapes and an excellent infrastructure. Al Ain is the second largest city in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Known as the Garden City, Al Ain City is an oasis in the Arabian Desert. Al Ain literally means spring in Arabic and is founded with natural springs from the heights of mountains that surrounds it.
To provide specialist Occupational Therapy interventions to adult and paediatric patients within the chronic, specialist rehabilitation home care setting. Manage a caseload of patients with complex needs, using evidence-based and client-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions. Provide this service with a caseload of complex cases as an autonomous practitioner, demonstrating high-level problem solving and clinical reasoning skills, and independence in judgement. To manage therapists less experienced with regular supervision and Performance Management appraisals. Undertake the duties of an Occupational Therapist as defined by the Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD), Scope of Practice for the Registered Occupational Therapist and the Hospitals Policies and Procedures.
Job Summary: Primary Duties:
- Ensure that all therapists within the team use the analysis of the assessment and risks, to determine therapy aims and treatment goals, and then formulate intervention plans to reduce the impact of disability and promote independence, in collaboration with the client, carers, other team members and relevant agencies.
- Using advanced experience and knowledge assess the client’s needs for specific equipment and adaptations to allow them to improve or maintain their level of independence. To support staff to prepare and present the case to the Equipment and Adaptations Panel, to then be responsible for the installation of that equipment, ensuring that appropriate risk assessments and any necessary training are carried out to ensure that the client and their carers are safe in its use.
- To provide emotional support to the client and his/her carers/family in coming to terms with the impact of a new/ongoing diagnosis and how this disability impacts on their independence in daily activities and enable staff to develop these skills.
- Investigate incident reports and ensure all action plans are implemented. Ensure Reports are disseminated, acted on and those actions reported.
- To develop and maintain highly specialist knowledge and skills (with regard to adults and elders with physical disabilities, in particular equip and adaptations) and act as a resource by providing detailed advice to team members.
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
- Recognised degree or diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Current valid registration in country of training and/or country of last employment
- Eligible for HAAD Licensing
- A minimum 2 years Post qualification experience
- Experience in the field of Respiratory Medicine, neurological rehabilitation, splinting, seating and multidisciplinary working
- Post qualification courses in relevant clinical area, evidence of continuing professional development. Wheelchair assessors course
- Participation in Occupational Therapy Quality improvement activities