Outpatients Matron - Dubai (UAE)
- Location:Dubai (uae)
- Profession:Nurse Managers - Nurse Managers
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Location Overview: Experience a new culture, a new way of life and a new point of view. Fulfil your sense of adventure and take one or two years out to experience life in a foreign land. There are great opportunities for career advancement and education. Famous for luxury living & vibrant entertainment options, large expat communities makes Dubai the perfect location to start your overseas nursing career.
The matron’s fundamental role is to improve the patient experience. As well as providing better care faster, that also means making the clinic cleaner, more comfortable and friendlier place, and providing patients with better information and more choice.
The three main objectives of the roles are:
- Providing leadership to clinical and direct care staff within the clinic, to ensure high standards of care
- Ensuring that administrative and support services for the clinic support the delivery of high standards of care, i.e. cleaning
- To provide a visible, accessible and authoritative presence in the clinic for patients and their families.
- The underpinning principle is to have a professional leader who is accountable for co-coordinating safe, high quality care to improve patients’ experience.
- To manage the nursing team and ensure adequate staffing
- To work collaboratively and effectively with the Operations Manager and Medical Director to develop and implement patient safety strategies and quality
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained reflecting both changes in the patient’s condition and the treatment delivered.
- To ensure that Clinical Guidelines are implemented and to be actively involved in auditing practice in conjunction the Medical Director and Operations Manager
- To support the process of continuous quality improvement, leading on clinical audits etc. to formally evaluate standards of care and assist in the implementation of changes in the light of such findings.
- To have due regard for each patient’s cultural and religious beliefs and to respect each patient’s privacy, dignity, gender and sexuality.
- To report and investigate adverse incidents which occur in the department as per policy providing and implementing action plans to address any deficits.
- To act as a mentor to staff members, supporting the senior nurses in the orientation, supervision and ongoing development of junior members
- To lead on service development affecting the clinical area and positively influence others to adapt to change.
- To attend and contribute to departmental meetings as required.
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification
- Valid and current national license is required
- AHA BLS certified
- Has worked within a clinic/OPD or appropriate service environment within the last 2 years
- Has had at least years recent experience of managing a team of nurses
- Previous experience of leading change in a clinical environment
- Management Competencies Completed