Physiotherapist - Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Location:Abu Dhabi (uae)
- Profession:Allied Health Professional - Physiotheraphy
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Physiotherapist, Al Ain, Abu Dhabi Emirate
Location Overview: The Emirate of Abu Dhabi offers year-round sunshine, pristine beaches, luxurious hotels and a pulsating cosmopolitan lifestyle. Combined with distinct Arabic hospitality and mystique, stunning desert landscapes and an excellent infrastructure. Al Ain is the second largest city in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Known as the Garden City, Al Ain City is an oasis in the Arabian Desert. Al Ain literally means spring in Arabic and is founded with natural springs from the heights of mountains that surrounds it.
To undertake the duties of a registered physiotherapist as defined by the Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD), Scope of Practice for the Registered Physiotherapist and Hospital Policies and Procedures. The scope of practice for the professional physiotherapist is that which is defined by HAAD. A Physiotherapist is recognized as a responsible and accountable professional within the Hospital.
Job Summary: Primary Duties:
- To undertake a comprehensive, highly specialist physiotherapy assessment of patients including those with the most complex presentation, using advanced investigative and analytical skills.
- To select appropriate treatment techniques, this may include facilitation of normal movement, therapeutic handling, gait re-education, chest physiotherapy, etc.
- To use advanced clinical reasoning and a wide range of treatment skills and options to formulate individual management and specialist treatment plans, in agreement with the patient where appropriate.
- To provide advice, teaching and instruction to patient, relatives and carers regarding their medical management and care needs to ensure a consistent approach to patient care, whilst promoting understanding of the aims of physiotherapy.
- To maintain comprehensive and accurate assessment and treatment records in line with legal and departmental requirements and communicate assessment and treatment results to the appropriate disciplines in the form of letters and reports.
- To demonstrate a sound understanding of clinical governance and risk management and apply to the work situation and ensure others do likewise.
- To ensure the application of professional standards in day-to-day practice of physiotherapy.
- To ensure/manage health and safety aspects within the workplace and abide by policies, including the prompt reporting and documentation of incidents and accidents.
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Recognised degree or diploma in Physiotherapy
- Current valid registration in country of training and/or country of last employment
- Eligible for HAAD Licensing
- A minimum 2 years Post qualification experience
- Experience in the field of Respiratory Medicine, neurological rehabilitation, splinting, seating and multidisciplinary working
- Participation in Physiotherapy Quality improvement activities