Pre Assessment Triage CNM 3 - Ireland
- Profession:Nurse Managers - Nurse Managers
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Pre Assessment Triage CNM 3
Great opportunity to join our private hospital client in Dublin. See summary below and get in touch today!
- This post will provide an opportunity for an experienced practitioner to lead and develop the existing Pre-Assessment Clinic service.
- Continue to develop their skills, knowledge and expertise in pre-assessment through education, training and clinical practice, whilst assisting in the improvement of the overall quality of the pre- assessment service within the Directorate.
- Work alongside the pre-assessment CNM2’s / RN’s liaising with anaesthetists, surgeons, staff in the outpatient departments and the wider multidisciplinary team, to develop, expand and implement new and advanced nursing practice to meet the needs of the pre-assessment service.
- Provide specialist nursing assessment for adults prior to admission for a varying range of elective surgical procedures.
- Provide patient and family education / support to the patient and his/her family prior to admission for surgery allaying fear and anxiety.
- Develop, implement and review written Pre-Operative Guidelines for the patient and his/her family.
- Co-ordinate and manage the pre- assessment service.
- Other duties as required, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, but mainly to highlight the current main responsibilities of the post.
- Registered General Nurse
- Be on the live register with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- Minimum 5 years post registration clinical experience or relevant experience at CNM II level.
- Ability to perform physical assessment (Heart & Lung, ECG recognition and blood result interpretation
- Degree level study / Post graduate qualification in a clinical specialism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills