Specialist Podiatrist Al Ain - Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Location:Abu Dhabi (uae)
- Profession:Allied Health Professional - Allied Health Professional
- Job type:permanent
- Salary:Please contact the office for salary and benefit package details
Al Ain is a city of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi that is known as the garden city of the UAE. The fourth largest city in the country, Al Ain shares a border with the neighbouring country, Oman. Al Ain serves as an ideal destination for travellers who have had their fill of the shopping malls and beaches of the other more popular tourist destinations in the country, and now wish to explore this still mysterious and always fascinating country in depth. Al Ain is a city that has a glorious past. Al Ain is over thousands of years old and is situated at the foothills of the Jebel Hafit massif, the renowned massif of United Arab Emirates. Al Ain is one of the big cities of United Arab Emirates and has been considered today as one of the historical places of the world by international bodies.
Job Summary: Primary Duties:
- Treat bone, muscle, and joint disorders affecting the feet.
- Treat conditions such as corns, calluses, ingrown nails, tumours, shortened tendons, bunions, cysts, and abscesses by (short stay/day) surgical methods.
- Provide Referrals to Rehab Team for deformities on the Foot and Ankle for treatment using mechanical methods, such as whirlpool or paraffin baths, and electrical methods such as low voltage currents.
- Educate the public about the benefits of foot care through techniques such as speaking engagements, advertising, and other forums.
- Perform administrative duties such as support the hiring of Orthotics Technician, ordering supplies, and keeping records.
- Advise patients about treatments and foot care techniques necessary for prevention of future problems.
- Correct deformities by means of plaster casts and strapping.
- Diagnose diseases and deformities of the foot using medical histories, physical examinations, x-rays, and laboratory test results.
- Provide Referrals to Orthotist Technicians for Braces and appliances.
- Prescribe medications, corrective devices, physical therapy, or surgery.
- Refer patients to physicians when symptoms indicative of systemic disorders, such as arthritis or diabetes, are observed in feet and legs
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience and must fulfil HAAD/DOH Requirements (PQR)
- Computer Literacy is a must
- English is a must, Arabic Speaking is desirable