International Nurses’ Day is dedicated to celebrating the work and contribution of nurses in society. The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has celebrated International Nurses day since 1965. In January 1974, the decision was made to celebrate the day on 12 May as it is the anniversary of the birth of Florence Nightingale, who is widely considered the founder of modern nursing. Each year, ICN prepares and distributes the International Nurses’ Day Kit. The kit contains educational and public information materials, for use by nurses everywhere.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Nurses_Day )
To celebrate this international nurse’s day, we’ve gathered testimonials from nurses across the globe who have made the move to work overseas. Read their stories below.
Nursing as a profession is a passport to the world, an international profession. While moving overseas to work as a nurse can be a daunting experience, it can also be an adventure, a way to expand your horizons and experience a new culture and way of life.
You might not be able to travel right now but you can do research and dream. Make sure nursing overseas is the right move for you. Moving overseas can provide a great opportunity for both personal and professional development.
For the next month, each week we’ll be sharing new testimonials from nurses giving you an insight into their experience of working overseas. For now, we just want to say Thank YOU, for all work you are doing today and every day. Be Well, Be Safe, Be Careful
- Steffi Anthony: Nurses In Ireland https://www.ccmrecruitment.com/nursing-ireland-indian-nurse-experience/
- Ellen Joy Pagunsan: Nurses In Ireland https://www.ccmrecruitment.com/nursing-in-ireland-filipino-nurses-experience/
- Raquel Mitchell: Nursed in UK https://www.ccmrecruitment.com/new-zealand-london-nurses-journey/
- Amanda McIntyre: Nurses In Ireland https://www.ccmrecruitment.com/nursing-ireland-amandas-journey/
- Lisa Yelverton: Nursed in Ireland https://www.ccmrecruitment.com/nurses-journey-lisas-story/
- Kaitlyn Besso: Nurses in Saudi Arabia https://www.ccmrecruitment.com/nursing-in-saudi-arabia-kaitlyns-story/
- Grace Hung: Nursed In Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi https://www.ccmrecruitment.com/nursing-saudi-arabia-abu-dhabi-graces-story/
- Rebecca Fisher: Nursed In Saudi Arabia https://www.ccmrecruitment.com/qa-with-rebecca-fisher-nursing-in-saudi-arabia/
- Gareth Moles Nursing In Saudi Arabia – An Irish Nurse’s Experience https://www.ccmrecruitment.com/nursing-in-saudi-arabia-an-irish-nurses-experience/